Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh Hey M.I.A.


M.I.A. "/\/\/\Y/\" Snippets from RS on Vimeo.



1. The Message
2. Steppin’ Up
3. XXXO
4. Teqkilla
5. Lovalot
6. Story to Be Told
7. It Takes a Muscle
8. It Iz What It Iz
9. Born Free
10. Meds and Feds
11. Tell Me Why
12. Space
13. XXXO (Blaqstarr Dirty Mix) [Bonus]

Leaked Tracks for DL:

M.I.A. - XXXO

M.I.A. - Haters

M.I.A. - Born Free

I like this album so far... Only thing is it's noticeably different than her other albums. Kala was the $hit. Diplo had something to say about this MAYA album (/\/\/\Y/\).... "just listened to mastr of the MIA album.. WOW.. my 3 trax are slammin! dunno bout the rest-sounds like skinny puppy ☹ & gives me nightmares☹" Ho boy! M.I.A. and I have a love hate relationship. She samples... A LOT, I realized that at first when I noticed some lyrics from The Pixies being used in 20 Dollar. Then we come to realize that Paper Planes is almost a clone of The Clash. Then we realize that almost all of her music is mixed by Diplo. Finally, Born Free is filmed and the explosions in the video have fire? But fuck shes cool. She gives me eargasms so I let it all go. Also, Born Free is packed with symbolism and I strongly suggest you watch this video:


M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.

www.miauk.com www.neetrecordings.com

Director : Romain Gavras
Director of Photography : André Chemetoff
Producer : Mourad Belkeddar
Production company : www.elnino.tv
Executive Production : Gaetan Rousseau / Paradoxal
Special thanks to Lana & Melissa from The Director's Bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment